features the beautiful Pacific Northwest's Salmon Fisheries within
Washington State , USA.
Thanks for visiting our "all in one"
sport fishing website !
Also included is a complete comprehensive list of the regulatory
agencies for your state.
Just remember.... salmon eggs are "a
Fisherman's #1 choice".
Don't forget to bookmark us
.......... Enjoy !
|2015 Northwest Salmon Derby
MARINE SALMON DERBY, EVERETT, November 1-2,
Phone: 425-252-3088 E-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: No
RESURRECTION SALMON DERBY, FRIDAY HARBOR,
December 5-6, 2014
Phone: 360-202-2664 E-mail:email@example.com
Kids Division: No
HARBOR SALMON CLASSIC, February 5-7
Phone: 360-378-5562 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Kids
PENINSULA SALMON DERBY, DISCOVERY BAY,
E-mail: Kids Division: No
BLACKMOUTH DERBY, March 14
Phone: 425-501-4024 E-mail:
email@example.com Kids Division: No
BELLINGHAM SALMON DERBY, July 10-12
Phone: 360-821-1007 E-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: Yes
SALMON DERBY, July 18-19
|Phone: 360-966-2621 E-mail:
KING COUNTY PSA SALMON DERBY, PT DEFIANCE,
Phone: 206-387-9293 E-mail:
email@example.com Kids Division: Yes
HARBOR SALMON DERBY, August 8
Phone: 253-255-8168 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Division: Yes
SOUND SALMON DERBY, OLYMPIA, August 15
Phone: 619-994-4319 E-mail:email@example.com
Kids Division: Yes
BAY SALMON DERBY, TOKELAND, September 5
firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: No
RIVER FALL SALMON DERBY, VANCOUVER,
Phone: 360-256-3935 E-mail
email@example.com Kids Division: Yes
COHO DERBY, September 12
Phone: 425-508-6456 E-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org Kids Division: Yes
COHO DERBY, September 19-20
Phone: 425-923-8405 E-mail:
email@example.com Kids Division: Yes
* Drawing for
Grand Prize Derby Series Boat will be held at Everett Coho
Derby on September 20th.
FIND your spot here !
....Pacific Northwest Shoreline Photos and Mapping
* Just click on the section of the map you want to see and zoom
in to our fishing territory !
Jeff with a couple of nice fish and Gene with
a Monster ling!
Pacific Salmon and Fishing Information
Types of Salmon
There are five species of Pacific Salmon, comprise one of the most valuable fishery resources of the United States. The spring salmon arrive first, large Chinook in late May and early June. Next the Sockeye, then Coho, and finally the Chum. In the winter, during the off season, it is the Steelhead which is closely related to the Atlantic salmon.
Chinook: Average size 10 to 15 pounds, up to 135 pounds. Soft in texture, very rich in oil, and separates into large flakes, making it excellent for salads and recipes calling for large pieces. Chinook salmon are the largest of the Pacific salmon, with some individuals growing to more than 100 pounds. These huge fish are rare, as most mature
Chinook are under 50 pounds. Kings run in the spring.
Sockeye or Red: Average size 5 to 8 pounds, up to 15 pounds. Has deep red meat and considerable oil, is of firm texture, and breaks into smaller flakes, making it attractive for hot dishes and salads. Sockeye are the most flavorful Pacific salmon. These run from late spring through summer and contains less oil than kings.
Coho or Silver: Average size 6 to 12 pounds, up to 31 pounds. Is large flaked, a lighter red than sockeye, and is good in all dishes. Coho are a very popular sport fish in Puget Sound. This species uses coastal streams and tributaries, and is often present in small neighborhood streams. Coho can even be found in urban settings if their needs of cold, clean, year-round water are met.
They run in the fall
Chum or Dog: Average size 10 to 15 pounds, up to 33 pounds. Large flaked, very light in color, low in oil, and is especially suitable for cooked dishes where color is not important. Male chum salmon develop large "teeth" during spawning, which resemble canine teeth. This many explain the nickname dog salmon. It is also said they are called Dog Salmon since they are commonly dried and used for
feeding dog teams during winter.
Pink or Humpback: Average size 3 to 5 pounds, up to 12 pounds. Male pink salmon develop a large hump on their back during spawning, hence the nickname humpback salmon. This is the smallest of the fall-spawning Pacific salmon species and is used for canning
The State Fishing and Hunting Regulatory Agencies
- Alabama Department of Conservation & Natural Resources
- Alaska Department of Fish & Game
- Arizona Game & Fish
- Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
- California Department of Fish & Game
- Colorado Division of Wildlife
- Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Delaware Division of Fish & Wildlife
- Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Georgia Wildlife Resources Division
- Hawaii Department of Land & Natural Resources
- Idaho Fish & Game Commission
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Indiana Division of Fish & Wildlife
- Iowa Fish & Wildlife Division
- Kansas Parks & Wildlife
- Kentucky Fish & Wildlife
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries
- Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife
- Maryland Wildlife & Heritage Division
- Mass. Wildlife
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
- Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
- Nevada Division of Wildlife
- New Hampshire Fish & Game Department
- New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife
- New Mexico - Game & Fish
- New York Department of Environmental Conservation
- North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- North Dakota Game & Fish Department
- Ohio Division of Wildlife
- Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation
- Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Pennsylvania Game Commission
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
- South Dakota Department of Game, Fish & Parks
- Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency
- Texas Parks & Wildlife
- Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
- Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department
- Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries
- Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
- West Virginia Division of Natural Resources
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Wyoming Game & Fish Department
.... here's a couple for the box!
This page was last updated on
If you a interested in website services
or advertising with us,
Please contact the webmaster by clicking here
Free counters provided by Andale.